Google ranks websites based on how useful Google thinks they are for its visitors. In order to understand what your website is about, Google sends a robot to read over its content and analyze the results. Over time, these robots have gotten smarter and better at sorting content that will be well-received by the people who are searching, which is good for Google because they continue to be the leading search engine worldwide. Google is an important consideration for any business trying to attract foot traffic. Today, Google even shows businesses on their maps with aggregated reviews & contact information.
If you produce good content and implement a good plan for getting it in front of an audience, Google will take notice and reward you. If you use manipulative techniques like keyword stuffing, irrelevant or duplicate content, paid links, or invisible text, you could even be penalized by Google or removed from their search results altogether.
SEO for Local Businesses: Good Practices to Follow
- Publish in-depth, relevant, long-form content to your site on a consistent basis.
- Write relevant page titles and meta descriptions for each page on your site.
- Attract positive local press that includes links to your website. Good PR = Good SEO.
- Make sure that your site loads quickly and you are not using any overly large files. Images should be less than 250kb wherever possible.
- Use clean, proper code formatting.
- Make sure all of your images have “Alt” descriptions and all relevant links have “Title” tags.
- Use social media regularly and link to your social accounts from your site.
- Join relevant business directories and associations that include links to your site.
- Publish an occasional press release when you have a company announcement to make.
- Verify your business in Google Places.
- Keep updated profiles on industry-specific outlets.
- Install Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools to track your performance over time.
- Hire a professional to perform your SEO, don't try to do it yourself.
So you say this is great but I just don't have the time for all this. We understand, most people don't have the time, just like we don't have the time to change the oil in our car. We go to a professional and they do it a whole lot faster then we can. Let Rieback & David Integrated Marketing and Advertising help you with this. We are Google Partners and experts at what we do. Give us call 561-358-1119 or email us and we will give you a free 30 minute consultation.
Don't believe us? Look at what our clients just said!
Fuel your website… Ignite your business